Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I think I'm jinxing

13 U.S. Troops Dead In Violent Weekend
Four American troops were killed by hostile fire, while five others died and three were missing after their truck rolled over in a flash flood this weekend in separate incidents in western Iraq, the military said Monday. At least nine marines and sailors are dead, and three more are missing, after the two incidents Sunday in al Anbar province, Dozier reports. The incidents raised to 13 the number of U.S. troops who died this weekend. At least 2,342 American service members have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.
A little over two weeks ago I was talking with a friend about colds and I told him I hadn't had a cold in over five years. I'm in about my 12th day of the worst cold I can ever remember having. Last Thursday I was talking with someone about Iraq and I brought up the fact that March was a really good month as far U.S casualties in that only 29 had been killed so far. That was March 30th and two more Americans died on the 31st leaving a total of 31 killed in March. That ties March 2006 with the third fewest amount of casualties in the 37 or so months that we've been there. Fourteen have died in the first 3 days of April. I think I'm going to remain mute for awhile.
$Loading... = the National Debt


On August 15, 1935, Wiley Post, the first pilot to fly solo around the world, and American humorist Will Rogers were killed when Post's plane crashed on takeoff from a lagoon near Point Barrow, in Alaska.


WANTED

WANTED
Dead or Alive