Monday, November 28, 2005

John Warner verifies Bush's most recent lie

John Warner, Republican Senator from Virginia and Chairman of Senate Armed Services Committee, said on Meet The Press yesterday that members of the Senate Armed Services Committee or the Senate Intelligence Committee did NOT receive the 'same intelligence' as those in the Bush administration. Don't even attempt to perpetuate that lie anymore-it won't work. When John Warner, a die-hard Republican partisan can't lie for your cause any longer, you have no argument left.
MR. RUSSERT: But even back then, Senator Warner, and this is really important. This is what you said on August 27, 2002. "As I read and follow the debate, there appears to be a `gap' in the facts possessed by the Executive Branch and the facts possessed by the Legislative Branch." The White House is now saying that you had every bit of intelligence that they had and yet, leading up to the war debate, you were saying there was a gap between what you knew and what the president knew. SEN. WARNER: Well, I stand by that statement also. There are times in which I feel that we do not have the full knowledge, and as chairman of the Armed Services Committee, I have done my very best to assure that members of our committee do get the full intelligence. I also serve on the Intelligence Committee. And I feel very strongly that that gap should never exist. And apparently, at that time, I was of the opinion and I stand by the statement.
Meet The Press Transcript from 11/27/05
$Loading... = the National Debt


On August 15, 1935, Wiley Post, the first pilot to fly solo around the world, and American humorist Will Rogers were killed when Post's plane crashed on takeoff from a lagoon near Point Barrow, in Alaska.


WANTED

WANTED
Dead or Alive