Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Leaker In Chief

Quotes from the "Leaker In Chief" explaining to students and foreign policy analysts at the Johns Hopkins University on Monday, April 10, why he had Scooter Libby meet Judy Miller at a hotel for 'breakfast' and give her half of the NIE report. Of course the 'other half' of the report was the part about the information not being "very credible".
"I thought it was important for people to get a better sense for why I was saying what I was saying in my speeches. And I felt I could do so without jeopardizing ongoing intelligence matters. So I did." "After we liberated Iraq, there was questions in people's minds, you know, about the basis on which I made statements - in other words, going into Iraq. And so I decided to declassify the [report] for a reason. I wanted people to see what some of those statements were based on."
I wish one of those students or foreign policy analysts would have asked him the simple question as to why he didn't have a press conference if he "wanted people to see what some of those statements were based on." No one has asked Bush that yet. I'm curious to see how he worms his way out of that one.
$Loading... = the National Debt


On August 15, 1935, Wiley Post, the first pilot to fly solo around the world, and American humorist Will Rogers were killed when Post's plane crashed on takeoff from a lagoon near Point Barrow, in Alaska.


WANTED

WANTED
Dead or Alive