Sunday, October 30, 2005

MULTIPLE CHOICE

Here are three scenarios, A, B and C. Of the three scenarios choose the one you think did the least amount of damage to the country. A. "A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower Board reported, what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages. This runs counter to my own beliefs, to administration policy, and to the original strategy we had in mind. There are reasons why it happened, but no excuses. It was a mistake." - Ronald Reagan in a speech from the White House on March 4, 1987. Ronald Reagan authorized the trading of arms to the same terrorists who had bombed the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut Lebanon in 1983, killing 241 marines. He sold arms which included hand-held TOW missiles. The Reagan administration was also supplying the Iraqis and the Afghan Mujadein who were fighting the Soviets. The mujadein fighters included among them a man named Osama bin Laden. B. "Indeed I did have a relationship with Ms. Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong. It constituted a critical lapse in judgment and a personal failure on my part for which I am solely and completely responsible." - Bill Clinton in a speech from the White House on August 17, 1998 Bill Clinton lied under oath about having a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky, and he was also charged with obstructing justice, for trying to cover-up for that lie. Bill Clinton was tried (impeached) and found innocent by a majority in the Senate. Estimated damage, $200 for stained blue dress. C. "My fellow Americans, I have come before you tonight to admit that I made a terrible error in judgment when I diverted our country's attention away from our pursuit of Osama bin Laden, and those responsible for the attack on us on 9/11. I now realize...I... needlessly invaded Iraq. Some of the intelligence I received was wrong, but, as we now know, former vice president, Dick Cheney, Scooter Libby and Stephen Hadley, have admitted....without my knowledge, of course, to falsifying most of those reports to me, the UN and the U.S. Congress. I guess we blew it... HeHe, sorry bout that...huh..Good night and May God Bless..." - George W. Bush in a speech from the White House on July 4, 2007. I'll go with 'B'...
$Loading... = the National Debt


On August 15, 1935, Wiley Post, the first pilot to fly solo around the world, and American humorist Will Rogers were killed when Post's plane crashed on takeoff from a lagoon near Point Barrow, in Alaska.


WANTED

WANTED
Dead or Alive